How can the DAPCUs extend their support to non-DAPCU districts to manage/ coordinate the NACP activities?
In Gujarat there are 10 high Prevalence (i.e. ‘A’ & ‘B’ category) Districts out of 33 Districts. In all the high prevalence districts DAPCUs were established in 2008-09.
- Supervision & monitoring is the essential part for achieving the goals & objectives of NACP-IV.
- The DAPCUs are playing a critical role to achieve the objectives of NACP-IV in the DAPCU districts. However, there is also a need to ensure similar coordination in Non DAPCU districts.
- Currently Gujarat state has evolved unique models to concentrate in Non DAPCU districts by the existing DAPCU team.
- GSACS has allotted one or two non DAPCU districts to each DAPCU. Respective DAPCU team is managing and coordinating HIV activities in Non DAPCU districts. Generally, the DAPCUs allotted neighboring Non DAPCU districts for easy access and efficient coordination.
- GSACS has allotted Sabarkantha as one of Non DAPCU district for extending technical and coordination support.
- DAPCU team has evolved a plan of action for providing specific time and support to the Sabarkantha district. In Sabarkantha district (Non DAPCU) managed and coordinated NACP activities, with the support of existing DAPCU staff.
- Support has also been provided to NACP facilities in the non- DAPCU districts, Poor performing centers in Non-DAPCU district are visited on periodic basis.
Based on our experience DAPCU district can Support the non-DAPCU districts to manage/ coordinate HIV activities on the following aspects:
1. Participation and Conducting Monthly Review Meeting in non-DAPCU districts every month with the NACP facilities (including HIV-TB coordination meeting).
- DS DAPCU Mehsana is participating and conducting Monthly review meeting for reviewing the performance by referral and linkages between ICTC /PPTCT/DSRC, TI, CSC & ART centers of Non-DAPCU district.
- DS DAPCU Mehsana Coordinates with the concerned Nodal officer (DTO) of NACP activities and all NACP facilities staff in the District.
- The DS also extend support in planning review meetings, evolving agenda by topics for discussion, Etc.
The Minutes of the meeting are being prepared by District level ICTC Counsellor and finalized by DS. The minutes of meetings are shared with the participants / facilities and initiating for follow up action. Basically, the DAPCU extend their support in introducing systems similar to DAPCU districts for achieving the desired objectives as per NACP IV.
2. Support is given through monitoring and Supportive Supervisory Field Visits.
DAPCU district DS will supervise the work of ICTC & Coordination visit to ARTC, DSRC, Blood Bank, CSC & TI NGO. During the monitoring and supervision visit to ICTC, the DS DAPCU will cross check the SIMS Report, registers/referral & linkage/ data validation etc & giving suggestions to the ICTC Counsellor & LT to improve the quality.
3. Ensuring strengthening the referral and linkage between the NACP facilitates ICTC – RNTCP and among HIV/AIDS facilities.
DAPCU Mehsana is emphasizing on strengthening the referral and linkages between the facilitates i.e. ICTC-RNTCP and between HIV/AIDS facilities by validating the data and maintaining line listing data.
- Minimize gap between referral and linkage loss through establishing coordination between the facilities. This can be done through field visits at regular intervals.
- DS DAPCU will visit the facilities for ensuring data validation, cross verification of data from source registers, ensuring correct and timely reporting. Also ensure 100% reporting through SIMS.
4. Supply Chain Management.
- DAPCU DS also manage the stock of ICTC Kits by coordinating with all ICTCs in Sabarkantha District.
5. Replication of good practices of DAPCU.
Experiences will include:
- Opportunity to replicate the best practices in Non DAPCU districts.
- Opportunity to learn newer initiatives to overcome the existing gaps in the DAPCU districts.
- The team felt it is an opportunity to guide and learn than consider it to be an additional responsibility.
- The team at Non DAPCU districts feel happy to receive additional support/hand holding.
6. Financial Management.
- DAPCU will need to co-ordinate with facilities in the Non-DAPCU districts for submission of SOE & UCs in time.